Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
frow.gif
Hey There
frow.gif

Anyone know how to keep bugs of tomatoes plants? Worked so hard all summer and no bugs ! There big and beautiful and flowering. Today whole bottom half eaten off bye something. Ate everything exept branch, but all the leaves. its Starting on my tomatoes too
hit.gif

Any ideas on the culprit ?

Sounds like a cutworm USSC-some say wrapping foil around the base of your plants will keep them off.
We usually just go out after dark with a flashlight and kill the little buggers-they are REALLY destructive. You could also try some Sevin dust-I think it works on cutworm-works on stinkbugs and things, I know.
Very frustrating when you finally get some blooms and those darn things cut your branches off!

You could try dusting your plants with Sevin-5. It's an excellent product for vegatables. Be sure to read the directions with regard to how long prior to consuming fruit and vegatables.

Spent a portion of today installing a brick sidewalk from the house towards the chicken coops. Ten feet done and only 90' to go. We had a job last year that we had to remove paver bricks. Rather than pay to take them to a land fill this dumb guy who lives inside my head thought "why not use them at your house"? The sidewalk is going to be 30" wide and 100' long. I have to cut the sod and remove dirt down to 2 1/2 inches. As I was wiping the sweat from my eyes for about the forty eleventh time I started wondering why to I ever listen to that guy.

My neighbor brought me some fresh filets from the chinook salmon he caught yesterday. I fix them on the grill along with corn on the cob and zuchinni, summer squash, peppers, and onions from the garden. Sure makes you wonder how you could eat any better. The only thing that would have made it better is if we had tomatoes, but those are probably ten days off.

Worked for a couple of hours after supper, took a shower, and made a fresh pot of coffee. I know a lot of folks claim they can't drink coffee in the evenings because if affects their sleeping. Never has seemed to bother me. Had to beat a good cup of coffee. One of Granny's friends visited last week and she remarked about how good the coffee was. I drink Folger's Black Silk because it is a robust dark roast and is extremely flavorful and smooth. If any of you want to stop and have a cup with me I be proud to share.

Last edited:
cool.png
Hi all, just got up and running again. My ol' windows 98 got traded in for XP, whatever that means. I had a heck of a time getting back on here due to my shaky puter skills. I had to e-mail someone and they got it handled, thank you very much. After all the commotion, i still don't know what my password is. Any ideas on how i can find out so i can write it down.
hmm.png

All is good here. Had a little bad luck with a skunk a couple of weeks ago and then he had some real bad luck as he ran into 3 rounds of # 8 shot at about 40 ft. He looked like a rubber ball bouncing off the fence with every shot. I giggled!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

My girls are done with the molt and laying strong again. I have a Serama hen setting on 10 eggs again. Should hatch on the 11th of Aug.

Flower show is over for this year. Didn't do as well as i usually do however, i'll do it again next spring.

The good news is, i'm getting my social security this fall.
ya.gif
woot.gif

Woody, glad to see you back among us. I had been wondering where you had gone. I know what you mean about how working on these computers can get irritating. Every time I have problems with mine I wish they were made of wood. Then I would maybe stand a chance of being able to fix it.

I also remember how glad I was when I started drawing my social security until I started thinking about the fact that in order to draw it you have to be old. How did that happen? How did it get here as quickly as it did? I remember my father telling me once that he never really felt old until I retired.

Quote:
Opa, if'n u have computer problems give this kid a call... been fixin 'em since '93-94 and all it'll cost you is a cup of coffee
smile.png

Hey Woody! Long time no see!
OK, here is how you can get your password-log out then try to log back in-under where you type in your name it will ask if you have forgotten your password. It will probably either email it to you or let you change it.
Hope you have been doing well, we've missed you.
What kind of flowers were you showing?

Back
Top Bottom