Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Everyday is a good day but some days are better than others. Something as simple as a note that says I have been thinking of you and miss you is all that it takes to make the difference.

While it is a beautiful morning and the sun is shining, a note from my darlin' Thistle has made the day seem a lot brighter.

Everyday is a good day but some days are better than others. Something as simple as a note that says I have been thinking of you and miss you is all that it takes to make the difference.

While it is a beautiful morning and the sun is shining, a note from my darlin' Thistle has made the day seem a lot brighter.

hugs.gif

Hi everyone, just an update. I am back in California with my mother. She is doing great. Her doctor cannot believe the improvement. 3 weeks ago they thought she might not make another week. Now she is starting to sit up on the edge of the bed and is eating again. Opa, you are right about attitude making all the difference. Easter weekend my brother told her about his brain tumor. She went into a really bad state and said she was just going to give up and die. We told her about his treatments and that his prognosis is good. Her priest visited her at my request and she just picked up the pieces and started getting better. I am fourtunate to have found some really good caregivers when I cannot be here. One of them stays all the time. One works 4 days and the other 3 daysl They sleep here and do the cooking and healthcare. It is hard work taking care of her as she is in diapers and cannot get out of bed at all. Hopefully during this next week I can get her into her wheelchair for part of the day. They are really patient and good with her and keep her and her surroundings sparkling clean. Thank you all again for all your prayers and support.
Deb

Glad to hear your mother is improving rrrmmama. Sounds like she's been taken care of well, just remember to take care of yourself too.

It's pretty cool being able to have such unique birds. At first glance the picture looks like the last remnants of winter. A pile of snow still waiting for the sun to melt it, then you see the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom