Open the bator or not???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ellenaspen, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ellenaspen

ellenaspen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    My first babies hatched Monday. There are other eggs that are pipping...should I quickly open the bator and get the ones that have already hatched out? I have an Octogon EX Advanced so I am sure the humidity will come back up quickly...[​IMG]

TIA, Ellen

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I remove all my new hatchlings as soon as they look dry and spry! Get them buggers outta there into the brooder. Yay babies! Congrats![​IMG]

3. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    I have a cabnet incubator that can hold 20 dozen eggs 15 in the turner and 5 in a tray that doesnt turn...I keep a paper on the outside that tells me when to move eggs from the turner trays to the bottom tray I go into my incubator twice a day morning and evening...to quickly move eggs,grab chicks and add water when needed...if you have a table top sometimes you can cause damage by lowering the humidity when you open it...be prepared to grab chick quickly add warm water and shut it back fast...

4. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree do it QUICKLY well ans safely...

5. georgia531

georgia531 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    SW PA/OH
    i go through the top window, it keeps the humidity almost the same. i have also taken the whole thing into a hot steamy bathroom with a hot shower running...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by