open wound---should I stitch?

good hententions

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Two weeks ago my BLRW wouldn't come out of the coop and couldn't stand up. I posted for help at that time but really never found out what was wrong with her. A couple of days ago I noticed that she had started hooking her right leg over her wing. There was no injury at the time but today I see that she has clawed herself raw. I've posted some photos of the area and would appreciate any info on how to care for this injury.

This was the title of my original post but I don't know how to post a link. There is more info there if you'd care to read the background.
Weak and can't stand up--what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help!!

100_3862.jpg

100_3860.jpg

100_3828.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, What happened? Was she attacked by something? Do you have a local vet you can take her to? I hope she makes it, praying for her.

That is a very nasty wound. Now you will have to worry about infection too. Are you sure she's not better off euthanized? 2 weeks with her legs like that?

I hate to put her down because she has been showing improvement. At first she couldn't even hold her head up and today she was trying to stand.

Don't give up on her.
i am battling my own emergency at the momment with an almost identical looking bird i just got last week. my new post in a momment. keep up the fight.

Back
Top Bottom