Open Wounds on my Hen?!?! help please!!!!

Donut Chickie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Texas
Please I need answers my hen is the most precious thing I own and we have gone through alot together. My Ameraucana hen her name is Donut, who is 4years old is getting open wounds around her eyes and scabs on her comb. She is with one other hen but Donut is the dominant one and I know for a fact my other hen is not the one attacking her. Donut no longer produces eggs. She has been getting open wounds around the eyes and on her comb, her comb is starting to turn a white pale color, and I do not know what could be wrong or what I need to do to help her. If anyone could please help me figure out what to do or how to solve it, it would be greatly appreciated. Please Donut is my baby I can't lose her.

Please I need answers my hen is the most precious thing I own and we have gone through alot together. My Ameraucana hen her name is Donut, who is 4years old is getting open wounds around her eyes and scabs on her comb. She is with one other hen but Donut is the dominant one and I know for a fact my other hen is not the one attacking her. Donut no longer produces eggs. She has been getting open wounds around the eyes and on her comb, her comb is starting to turn a white pale color, and I do not know what could be wrong or what I need to do to help her. If anyone could please help me figure out what to do or how to solve it, it would be greatly appreciated. Please Donut is my baby I can't lose her.

First,clean sores and apply an antibiotic ointment(nothing ending in 'caine/cane"toxic to chickens,it is possible they are some kind of bug bite. Pale comb can mean a few things,it is possible she is becoming anemic from some kind of parasite,check her for lice/mites/worms. For lice/mites look under wings,around base of tail feathers and around vent area,you may have to look at night in coop,use a flashlight and look on walls/roosts/nest boxes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom