opened the incubator to see early pip...help please!

Update - The feisty early pipper egg is still moving, and I just got home to discover two more eggs with external pips and more peeping coming from the incubator!!!! Still totally nervous...but excited.
wee.gif

This morning...two more eggs with external pips (so 5/8 so far). No zipping and it's been about 36 hours for pipper #1. One of the new pippers is in the air cell, but on the underside. We can hear peeping and tapping. Is this good? bad? What should I do about egg #1? When should I help? I read the sticky, but it refers to chicken eggs which I think normally pip to zip quicker. I have heard up to 48 hours, but should I see movement? I can't tell which one of the eggs the tapping and peeping is coming from.
hu.gif

Hi tink0602, the same thing with our rouens last hatch ...they took days for the whole process. From the eggs rocking to internal pip to zip & all 4 were just fine. My fingers are still crossed for you & your hatch.
fl.gif
Nothing from ours yet but haven't got to lock down yet so I'm not in panic mode..... yet.
lau.gif

Quote:
Thanks Daft! I keep looking in there and expecting to see something besides just EGGS!
roll.png

6/8 have pipped now. I popped the second red plug back in to increase humidity and the windows fogged up a bit. I know they need humidity, but they also need ventilation?? Should I just leave it out and leave it alone? AHHHHH The waiting...I wish one of them would just zip already!

I have to work tonight, too. 7pm-7am....I can't believe it. DH will be here, but so much could happen while I'm gone!!!

Back
Top Bottom