Operation Rehab...is there any hope for her?

WOW and you trust your dog that close? My dogs are around my ducks /chickens/ goose all the time but i don't know how they would react if one was to try and cuddle. LOL Cute pic.

Oh yes he can be trusted :) He loves them lol Chickens are another story though...he wants to eat them for some reason lmao

PetesMom, the main reason why I joined BYC was because of you and Ling - I wanted to be able to let you know that I think you’re absolutely wonderful for rescuing Ling and I’m glad she’s found a good home! I‘ve been checking every day for updates on her, and I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see how happy she looks. Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date.

Just wondering, back at the beginning of this thread you said you traded her some ducks. Aren't you scared they are not being fed properly? I am always such a worry wart.

Just wondering, back at the beginning of this thread you said you traded her some ducks. Aren't you scared they are not being fed properly? I am always such a worry wart.
That is my worst fear when selling ducklings is they won't be taken care of, I send a care sheet with them and question the people that buy them but I still worry. I could never do this as a way to make money.

Last edited:
I know Miss Lydia. I so desperately want to hatch out some of my Muscovy/Runner eggs. And I can keep the hens, but would have to give away or sell the boys. I just could not do it. I would drive the new owners nuts. Besides, who wants a drake that is a cross of those two. Unless they want to eat them. I just couldn't stand my babies being someone's dinner. So not hatching or selling duck for me. I would just be too emotionally invested in them if I had them since the day they were hatched.

I know she takes care of her ducks....I'm not sure what happened with Ling. I'm thinking her leg got hurt honestly by some unruly drakes and roos and it went downhill from there since she couldn't walk. I've been to this ladies house numerous times and there is no doubt in my mind she loves her animals and she is feeding her ducks flock raiser. I think this girl got fed chicken scratch because she was in the chicken coop for a little while. This is what I gathered.

My duckling that cannot walk looks terrible right now and if people saw a picture of her they would probably think I wasn't taking care of her. That is not the case at all! She is VERY loved and has been taken care of very well, however along the way her leg has suddenly turned inward and she cannot hardly walk. She was fed Chick Starter (that is what TSC told me to feed them) but now I think that didn't have enough nutrients in it. I now give her niacin, mashed fresh veggies as well to try to help her leg. Her hips are now protruding outward and her feathers are not coming in right on the hips. She is all dirty because she keeps falling over. My point is, that even though I am trying so hard to help the duckling's leg to get better, she looks terrible. So it MAY not have been the prior owners lack of care....? Just a thought. I hope Ling continues to get better. I am running out of ideas for my duckling. Going to get brewers yeast today and continuing hydro therapy.

My duckling that cannot walk looks terrible right now and if people saw a picture of her they would probably think I wasn't taking care of her. That is not the case at all! She is VERY loved and has been taken care of very well, however along the way her leg has suddenly turned inward and she cannot hardly walk. She was fed Chick Starter (that is what TSC told me to feed them) but now I think that didn't have enough nutrients in it. I now give her niacin, mashed fresh veggies as well to try to help her leg. Her hips are now protruding outward and her feathers are not coming in right on the hips. She is all dirty because she keeps falling over. My point is, that even though I am trying so hard to help the duckling's leg to get better, she looks terrible. So it MAY not have been the prior owners lack of care....? Just a thought. I hope Ling continues to get better. I am running out of ideas for my duckling. Going to get brewers yeast today and continuing hydro therapy.
Don't give up. Just keep doing what your doing and hopefully it will pay off soon.

Well, that's good to hear. Poor Ling. She is so lucky you came along when you did. So lucky.
smile.png

Ling update! She actually WALKED today!!!!! It was just a couple of steps but she actually walked! No hobble.....she put her little chicken wings out and she took a few steps like an almost normal duck!!!! I cannot express how happy I was to see that! Maybe she WILL be able to walk again and we can prove that vet wrong!

Back
Top Bottom