Opinions on Chicken Water Setups

The copper pin link is broken, I found the site and no copper pins are listed.
Article is interesting, some good info there.
No real mention(just one pic) or discussion of horizontal nipples(which are far better than VN's, especially in cold climates, IMO.)
That’s weird! It goes to the website when I click on it...
I just got some of the Columbia aqua/ heritage farms horizontal nipples in the mail the other day. I finally got a small bottle setup with two nipples on it, so we’ll see how “training” goes! I put it in there tonight beside their other bottle with vertical nipples, but the vertical nipples are at a weird height/ weird angle for them. They can still get water out of it if they want to work for it, the new bottle is more convenient to get to, and 2 of my pullets have already tried it out a couple times. 😀

I have 4 pullets, and I’m currently using a vertical nipple waterer, but I’m wondering if I might need to change to a different system soon, especially for winter (Provo, Utah). One of my girls is a cross-beak, and seems to really like the vertical nipples, but my other girls seem like they get annoyed at how hard they have to work to get enough water. I’ve been looking at the Heritage Acres horizontal Nipples( and Amazon knockoffs), and Harris Farms water cups. I want them to be able to get enough water during our hot summers, and if I can, not have to switch to a different system when it starts freezing in the winter. We will most likely be able to run a limited amount of electricity from the garage via extension cord. I’m also kind of limited on funds for getting/ building a system, so I like the idea of a bucket or PVC setup.
Hi! You did really well getting your little flock to all line up and pose so well and still to have their picture made! They are precious. I like them very much. I did not know what a cross beak was and I admit that I was very curious to learn. I am sorry that she and you have to deal with that. However, it seems that you mentioned that y’all have found a work around which is awesome. I am so glad. That is awesome. Animals and fowl are amazing in their abilities to find solutions to disabilities when they have them. They are not handicapped in anyway and if they have a problem or disability they do not know it. They find a solution and work around it. Good luck with your little chick and your choice of watering system. I don’t have a solution for you but feel confident you will determine fairly quickly which one is right for you and your dynamic little flock. 😊🙏

That’s weird! It goes to the website when I click on it...
Can you post a link to the page you get?
I'm really curious about the copper pin, what kind of nipple it fits,
and how it's supposed to work better that the stainless steel one.

This is what I get when I right click to open in a new window:
1599823515246.png

Then this if I just click:
1599823583021.png

@aart yeah, that’s the link I was talking about, they just mention in the article that the system is based on vertical nipples, but not the brand. 🤷‍♀️
@thepick4uchicks, thank you! I was just lucky to catch them all sitting there when they were getting ready to go to sleep! I click my tongue at them sometimes, without doing anything else, so they look to see what’s going on but don’t move! Lol it’s excellent for snapping photos. And I’ve got plenty of support if I ever need help with my crossbeak girl! I’m in a special needs chicken FB group, a thread on here, and I have a local friend that has raised them before! Another photo for cuteness factor 😍😍😍

Attachments

• 97EC4BFA-2004-4826-879D-16064D4E6D52.jpeg
    97EC4BFA-2004-4826-879D-16064D4E6D52.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 5
@aart yeah, that’s the link I was talking about, they just mention in the article that the system is based on vertical nipples, but not the brand. 🤷‍♀️
@thepick4uchicks, thank you! I was just lucky to catch them all sitting there when they were getting ready to go to sleep! I click my tongue at them sometimes, without doing anything else, so they look to see what’s going on but don’t move! Lol it’s excellent for snapping photos. And I’ve got plenty of support if I ever need help with my crossbeak girl! I’m in a special needs chicken FB group, a thread on here, and I have a local friend that has raised them before! Another photo for cuteness factor 😍😍😍
Awesome! That is just great! Special needs humans and animals are all close to my heart. I have a special needs son who is 21. He will be with me his entire life and mine whomever goes first and I always pay attention to these type of situations because we always have to remember to help those who cannot help themselves. One day we might be in that situation. It doesn’t take one having to look far outside ones own doorstep to find others with struggles deeper and more difficult than ones own or ones own family’s. So I try to remember that and it helps when times are difficult and stressful. I just am always amazed though that animals with difficulties always find a way to make a way for themselves with just given half a chance and just a little leg up! Your chickies are just too cute. Continued good luck with them!😊😊🙏🙏

Back
Top Bottom