Opinions on if you would do this or not.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by featherfinder, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Just messing around on craigslist i found this company that will take some of the ashes from your deceased pet and mix it into hot glass and blow it into a pendant that you can always keep with you. They also make them into necklaces and everything else. To me this sounds like a good idea because i do have a pet i kept that is/was very close to me. I was just wondering if anyone else would do this with a past pet? And if not what your opinion on why would be? I havent decided if i am or not yet because i do think it would be creepy to carry around with you.

2. TheGeorgiaGang

TheGeorgiaGang Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    Watkinsville, GA
    I don't think it's creepy. I have a friend who plans to have some of his beloved dog's ashes mixed into tattoo ink and be tattooed on his body.

3. naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    I would. I regret not keeping a lock of mane from a horse I had to put down several years ago. I could have had it made into a braclet, so yea I would with my dogs.

4. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I think it's a pretty cool idea. If I ever got a pet cremated, I'd mix the ashes into concrete and make a mosaic garden stepping stone or wall hanging.

5. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Well i had a cat that my parents got for me when i was really young. He made it to be 17 before i had to put him down because of cancer. I did have him cremated because he was just to special to let go. I made him a ceramic urn that i hand painted and put him in that. I think that i might have this done but i do not know if i will be able to keep it on me. I might get it and hang it from the urn he is in.

And the tattoo thing sounds pretty unsanitary. Are you sure they are going to let him do that?

1 person likes this.
  6. SDragon

SDragon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2012
    No offense, but I would not do that.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would do it. I've seen places online where you can also get paperweights with the ashes swirling around inside, rings, necklace pendants, even paintings of the pet done in their ashes.

8. RThomas

RThomas Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Just giving an honest opinion, but I don't think I would do it. To me, it does come across as a tad creepy. I think a photo would suffice :)

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I don't think it's creepy! I have a very much loved cat that I had privately cremated. I would do this in an instant! Makes me teary eyed to think about it. :hit

10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

one of my uncles was a taxidermist..

when his dogs or cats died he would stuff them and keep them around the house... I remember seeing several in the living room.. a yorkie in a basket in one of the guest bedrooms.. a golden retriever in the dining room..

to each his own I guess.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by