Opinions on this coop?

Pics

Ann Perkhens

Chirping
Jan 14, 2021
Kalkaska, Michigan
Hi! We’re planning on starting our chicken coop this weekend and hoping for an a frame style tractor. I like these plans:
https://www.greenwillowhomestead.com/mobile-chicken-tractor-build-plans.html

but hubs is having trouble swallowing the price tag. Are there any similar plans anyone knows of that will accommodate 15-20 chickens? This is our first coop btw so if anyone sees anything we’re not consider...we really appreciate everyone’s feedback an opinion!

I think you will really be packing them in. Even the largest one seems small. They say they will "fit" 15-20 chickens. But fitting may not be ideal. The inside of the largest one is probably 6'x5'. And an A frame keeps them all pretty close to the floor.

If you are building, you might consider a shed with plenty of ventilation. Maybe 8x12. With a run of roughly 200+ square feet.

I will blame my cell phone if I have misjudged the size.

We have a shed on our property that could be converted to a coop I think, but with the position that the barn was built I think it could be hard to do the run properly. But would this be a suitable coop?
285A4818-973F-4276-B3AE-1C133D62C97E.jpeg

We have a shed on our property that could be converted to a coop I think, but with the position that the barn was built I think it could be hard to do the run properly. But would this be a suitable coop? View attachment 2490639
Looks fantastic. That is easy to stick on roof extensions... like if you want to bring the roof forward to shelter the doors...

The area to the left is a great start to a run. Feed and water could be under the roof... then extend run from there.

Looks fantastic. That is easy to stick on roof extensions... like if you want to bring the roof forward to shelter the doors...

The area to the left is a great start to a run. Feed and water could be under the roof... then extend run from there.

the area to the left is the neighbors.We just moved here and they seem nice but not that nice. 😂

Back
Top Bottom