Opinions on this coop?

She mentioned nigerian dwarf goats. Those are milk goats, some of the sweetest, highest butterfat milk available, and they produce seemingly by the gallon. They require an incredible amount of water.
They stand maybe 2' tall, mass out between 75-85#, typically. So fencing needs are less insane.

We are thinking a Nubian Boer mix ourselves, about twice the weight and maybe almost a foot taller, but would also put pure Spanish or LaMancha on the property if the price is good. LaMancha are milk goats, Spanish are meat goats, and the Nubian Boer mix is a dual purpose cross with generally good reports.

Even if it is technically a milk goat, doesn't mean it would ever be in milk...

And little goats can be fantastic jumpers or climbers... well, any goat can....

So good fencing is extremely important.

Yes, they still need quite the fence, but not like some of the breeds - and if they have a way to climb? The tower of Babel isn't tall enough to stop em....
Might just be more of an individual thing...but my tiny Nigerian cross was WAY harder to fence, and needed WAY taller fences, than my full size goats.

My baby sis had the same experience. She got rid of her Nigerians, since they jumped over every fence she had... her full size goats are easier for her to contain.

I wouldn’t put that much chickens as suggested. The mini is more suited to bantam breeds. I would do only 4 large fowl for mini. Anything beyond that limit look like recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom