Opinions on worm load?

Is a small worm load acceptable?

• Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • It's all part of living outside and eating dirt.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I looked at that, but ml doesn't work with a paste very well (and I'd have to do conversions with imperial to metric weights). It was easier to look up the actual mg/kg of fenbendazole and see if I could maths it up with the 18.75% (0.188mg/g). But then discovered that the dose for chickens is the same on the high end as rabbits. So using the gradations on the rabbit tube makes more sense than trying to weigh out the right amount in such tiny amounts.
Actually, one ml of paste does weigh ~one gram, I checked. :)

The vet was probably worried about the label.
:confused:
Probably... and now I think about it two of the girls are under the 2.5kgs at the moment. So it does make sense to go with the in feed for now. She also didn't know that I have scales at home... probably should have mentioned that. If they're under 2.5kg when I want to worm again I'll still go with Flubenvet.

Oh man, flystrike. I get so invested in sick bird threads, even old ones. Such drama. I've been lying in bed in the early morning trying not to wake my BF with my crying. Glad that one made it through with her great human helping her out. This forum is such a helpful and supportive place.
:hugs

Sorry to hassle you folks again. I recall reading that fermenting deactivates the coccidiostat(?) in medicated chick starter. I'm assuming this is true of fenbendazole, but could I at least damp it down? They do love their wet mash ration in the morning.

Sorry to hassle you folks again. I recall reading that fermenting deactivates the coccidiostat(?) in medicated chick starter. I'm assuming this is true of fenbendazole, but could I at least damp it down? They do love their wet mash ration in the morning.
I have never heard such a thing....I do not believe this to be true.

There are lots of people that use Valbazen or Safeguard in wet mashes, so wet mash is fine,

Back
Top Bottom