Opinions please.

Quote:
Maybe I need to move to North Carolina. An 8 foot treated 4x4 is almost 6 bucks here. Quickrete runs from around 5 bucks to 7.50 depending on what you get. No way I would use less than a bag per hole. I could not set up a clothesline with 4x4s for under 35 bucks here. By the time I factored screws rope and steel L brackets to make it sturdy your looking at atleast 50.

OK so you're saying the 4x4s and concrete would be $27.00 at the most. That leaves $23.00 for the rope and L brackets to be the $50 you are saying??? Rope is $1! So L brackets (4 I'm guessing) are $22.00 where you're from???

My clothes line is just fine thanks. Correction, my husband said it was about $20, $10 was my guess. $50 is ridiculous. No way could it cost $50 here. Anyway don't take offense because I said I didn't like the look of steel ones. Maybe you shouldn't think about moving to NC because down here, you make your own clothes line you don't buy them. Speaking of making your own, I'm starting a thread about clothes lines. Everyone feel free to post pics of yours.

Here's mine:
DSC01362.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

Last edited:
Your clothesline looks great. I really love the clothespin bag. Nice touch. No offense taken because you don't like the metal ones. I don't like most of them either. If people did not have different tastes the world would be a boring place.

Quote:
Thank you. I got the clothespin bag from the Dollar General for $1, the rope was $1 too. DH put a wooden rope tightening thing on there too so if the rope starts to sage you can tighten it.

Back
Top Bottom