Opossum in the coop..

Sclark0012

Songster
Dec 14, 2020
So I went out to check on my chickens today and found a opossum inside of the chicken coop!!! It was tucked into a corner and had burried itself into the bedding some. I have a rooster that didn't care that it came in?!! He didnt even seem to mind and my hens were trying to check the opossum out. 😳 Why did my rooster not care? When i was getting the opossum out, he alerted the hens and they all crammed into one corner of the coop, but that is all he did. I really thought he would have attempted to attack it or something, there were no signs of a fight. Is that normal for a rooster to just ignore a opossum in their coop??

IMO yes. I've never found roosters to be the vicious attack animals like many claim they are.
I have a very good and gentle roo, so I just assumed that was why. I really thought he would go blazing after it. I had no idea!! Thank you for letting me know this. I have fencing around the run, but found where it had dug under. This was at around 6:30pm tonight, so the coop door hadn't been closed yet.

Back
Top Bottom