Pics

jthornton

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 30, 2017
Poplar Bluff, MO
My Coop
My Coop
So I woke up this morning at 4:30 and wandered down to the Beer Cave with my cup of coffee and was looking at the run camera and an opossum was eating out of the feeder! Just when you thought you had the run secure it showed me a spot I missed. I'll fix that this morning. The pullets woke up to gun fire a bit before they were supposed to get up but they didn't seem too bothered by it.

I have 100' of chain link fence around the chicken yard mainly to keep dogs out but after watching the opossum trying to squeeze through the chain link I'm thinking of some additional 1" x 2" fastened to the chain link with a skirt attached to that as well. I wonder how high to go with the 1" x 2" fencing? Would 4' tall and bent in the middle be a possibility or am I better off getting 2' and joining them with J clips?

JT

Oh no!
I go to the trouble to bring all feed into the house each night to prevent varmints being attracted by it...including mice....

I pick up Henry's bowl each night but the pullets have a fixed feeder, I think I'll make a cover for the opening for nights.

feeder-09.jpg

JT

Back
Top Bottom