opossums are they a threat??

Quote:
Thats prevention, and preventions good medicine...... But if you are willing to risk your birds, then go ahead. Just don't dog those of us who do take these measures.

thumbsup.gif

And i'm sure that the .22 was not around during medieval times.

Last edited:
I am not dogging. Killing is just a poor response to nature. Like I said, if you don't have to eradicate don't. Consider all options.

And gunpowder's been around since BC......and then did have gun's during Medieval times....

Quote:
Thats prevention, and preventions good medicine...... But if you are willing to risk your birds, then go ahead. Just don't dog those of us who do take these measures.

Quote:

*Dealing with predators and pests is not always pleasant. Although sometimes hard to do, please be as sensitive as possible when explaining procedures and results. Some younger members and/or squeamish adults will appreciate it.

*Although some ways are not considered ideal to some, it serves the purpose of removing the offending predator. If you have an idea or a helpful comment, please do reply. If it is a sarcastic comment about the disposal or capture of a predator, please keep your thoughts to yourself. We are not here to judge one another on methods or ways and means.

Thought I would drop a little reminder from the rules section. You may not like how we dispose of predators, but please keep it to yourself. That type of discussion isn't necessary in this forum.​

Quote:
THANK YOU!

someone with some sense

killing isn't always the answer

a possum would much rather root around in the garbage and get rabies, than kill chickens.

Quote:
I was offering an idea. Not eradicating is a method. Wild animal management is a way. It reads as if you don't like my way of dealing with predators. Which is fine. But this is a discussion board.

The opossum does NOT usually get rabies. It is very rare.

That said, I adhere to the "more lead, less said" theory!

Last edited:
Honestly just type in opossums in the search at the top of the page... I have had too many animals maimed , mauled , and killed by them to let any live on my property ... And I don't know if any of you have ever walked up on a opossum before but they are defintly not sweet creatures....

Back
Top Bottom