Opposing humidity instructions-not sure which to follow?

Thanks a bunch all! I am all set to put the eggs in.
ya.gif

Just an update. I am liking this incubator. The temp is at a very stable 99.5 and the humidity is staying right around 40% without much help. When it dipped under 35%, I took out one of my coffee stirrer straw (the really skinny ones), a mug of warm, clean water and drew some water into the straw (finger over one end style). Then I quickly opened one red plug, slide the straw in, and put in a few splashes on the floor. Came back to 40 pretty quickly and no temperature loss. :)

Never considered that. When were playing with it prior to setting, we experimented a bit over a weeks time with water/no water, one plug in/no plugs/both plugs. Does it make it harder to keep the temp and humidity stable without the plugs? Our air is very dry right now. I suppose I could add more water than I have been with the straw.

Also, what is the float test thing that I have seen in a few threads?

Never considered that. When were playing with it prior to setting, we experimented a bit over a weeks time with water/no water, one plug in/no plugs/both plugs. Does it make it harder to keep the temp and humidity stable without the plugs? Our air is very dry right now. I suppose I could add more water than I have been with the straw.

Also, what is the float test thing that I have seen in a few threads?
Yes I usually leave one plug in and in the other hole I have one of these
30181.gif

Back
Top Bottom