Opposite of the Lakenvelder?

Lakenvelders are a full-sized breed (although small) with a white body and black tail and head.
Vorwerks (in this country) are a bantam breed, gold with a black head and tail.
In Europe they apparently have a full-sized breed called a golden Lakenvelder that has the same coloring as a Vorwerk.

I know that a lot of work goes into developing a breed, so I'm not sure if you'd be willing to reveal how you created them or not... But, if you are, I'd love to know!!!
Thats easy.... just add Dominant White to a gold lakenvelder, and that it.. you have the same bird Mr. Henk created...
I thought the Vorwerk was gold with black head and tail, hence the other name "gold lakenvelder":
http://www.lundpoultry.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=1277019

The bird in the pic above looks like a cross breed or project bird of some sort.
Mr. Henk Created this project breed, he added the Dominant white gene to the gold Lakenvelder.. and as he said, one could add Mahogany and other gold enhancers to make the gold into a black like tone of gold, just like your darkest RIR out there..

Edit. hey what happened to my "Educator" thing..? I guess I´m not educating nearly enough...
lau.gif

Last edited:
That is great!!! Thanks, everyone for the advice!!! Now to get some Red Pyle Dutch and Vorwerk bantams... Any suggestions where I might be able to get both of these breeds?

That is great!!! Thanks, everyone for the advice!!! Now to get some Red Pyle Dutch and Vorwerk bantams... Any suggestions where I might be able to get both of these breeds?
sorry, I just do the genetics, I cant tell you where to get them... if you need genetic help just P.M me ok and post your question here..

Thanks
Marvin

it would be wise to introduce the Dark Brown Leghorn into your breeding program, it will encrease the Dark Mahogany color making it almost black.. that with the with parts should make for a stuning bird..

Back
Top Bottom