1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Opps I DID IT AGAIN!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LMEggs, Jun 15, 2008.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I played in the banty assoorted bin, I got lost in the chick iisle OH baby BABY! OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!

I found A SILKIE IN THE ASSORTED BIN!! of course... I bought it hoome with me but wondering if its blue or black? AND I found another two tiny babies that I think are cochins! and I am wondering what color they will be ? can someone tell me if they are cochin or not and what color they will be ?

Heres the two what I think are tiny baby cochins!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my for sure baby silkie but what color is he ? Blue or black ? I hope hes blue!!
    [​IMG]

2. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:beautiful ................ the silkie looks like it might be grey and white . I my be wrong tho .

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I am so glad we don't have a store around us that has baby chicks in a bin. Egad! I would have a million of them![​IMG]

I think your Cochin chicks are black, maybe carrying blue? But I am no expert. I can only tell you what I have had here and what it has turned out like and that is what my black chicks looked like out of blues.
    I'm not as good with the Silkies since this is my first year with them but yours looks like a blue or splash. My blacks are black but I still yet have to discover if the ones that look like yours are blue or splash. I knew I should have marked them when they hatched out! The eggs clearly told me but I got caught up in the moment![​IMG]

4. clheck28

clheck28 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    The cochin babies look like the blue cochins I just got. You really have a store where you can go buy a variety of chicks...how awesome....I am jealous! I would definitely get myself into trouble....BIG trouble! LOL!

5. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    LOL yes our feed store carries year round chicks from estes hatchery and I AM SOO HAPPY with the quality of them and the temperments! and they carry EVERY breed nearly! I go every two weeks there and buy several chicks (Wonder why I am up to nearly 100 chickens ?)

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oooohhhhhh! Wookitdacutewittlefeatherbums!!!

I think the silkie is blue. Not sure on the cochins...I'm thinking they'll end up being black, but not sure.

I need a store around here like that...like I need a hole in the head.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by