Oprah at the beef packing plant-Feb 1

seedcorn I don't watch her either and haven't for years. Yesterday was the first time.
Now I do agree watch Lisa Ling's tour of Cargills plant and feedyard. That was interesting.

I have sold beef to some people a couple years ago. The DH had lots of questions about how the steer was raised, shots given and anything else he could think of, but his DW didn't want to hear a word of it.
It is how each person reacts.

I agree Katy I was wondering how those people would react to having to go out and feed and lay out bedding for our animals when it is -20 to -30 outside.
How do you think they would react to calving in 3 feet of snow pulling a half frozen calf on a sled into a barn trying to save it at 2am?
We run on a 90 day calving time period. Do you think they could handle a week of my night shift? I start at about noon; sometimes sooner; and go til 4-6am.

Quote:
Tell them to watch American Cowboys....they do alot of the grunt work and I am a wuss comparing to what they do!

Oh that was her name, Lisa Ling.....she is fab reporter even she was emotionally moved by the cattle's demise but she seems to be reassured by the treatment of the cattle.

Quote:
I agree, Oprah really didn't express much of an opinion one way or the other, she just let the guests from each side present their cases, which I feel was done in an even handed and fair way to both points of view.

Quote:
I agree, Oprah really didn't express much of an opinion one way or the other, she just let the guests from each side present their cases, which I feel was done in an even handed and fair way to both points of view.

2X

Back
Top Bottom