Optimism is....

BayouPoules

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Lacombe, Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
Naming all your chicks feminine names.....
roll.png

That's how you end up with roos' named Lucy, Irene, Stella......ect
lol.png

Or thinking that you will stop with just a "couple of chickens"
gig.gif

Or that selling eggs will "pay for the $ spent on the chickens"
lau.gif

What are some of your optimistic chicken hopes?!!
caf.gif

Sounds more like delusion that optimism.

How about: thinking my Silkies were going to be affectionate and sit on my lap (NOT).
hit.gif

Being pretty sure my rooster will grow up to be friendly...
roll.png

Buying a bale of hay, two large metal trash cans, a 50 lb bag of feed, another 50 pound bag of sunflower seed and then realizing as I leave the store I drive a small Jeep.
he.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png
I drive a Grand Am and have done similar things. Nothing like driving around with bags of feed piled so high in your passenger seat you have to crane your neck to see if someone is coming.
roll.png

Optimism is believing that I can resist hatching anything or adding any chickens at all to the flock until the spring.

(I'm trying my hardest not to get any more eggs or birds for now! At least until PPBA...
D.gif
)

Quote:
lol.png
I drive a Grand Am and have done similar things. Nothing like driving around with bags of feed piled so high in your passenger seat you have to crane your neck to see if someone is coming.
roll.png

That's funny. My car before my Jeep was a Grand Am! I think I actually had more room in that! The Jeep is ridiculous. The guys at Blue Seal are always so good about cramming it all in there for me. And they're some pretty cute guys too, so watching is fun.
big_smile.png

Optimism is: Thinking I could teach someone else in my family how to butcher a chicken. (The DW says they have to look like the ones in the supermarket, plucked and dressed, before I can show them to her)

Back
Top Bottom