Orange-ish urates?

Dsotto

Chirping
May 4, 2020
I noticed my EEs have laid a few orange capped poos. They are 1 year old and have been incredibly healthy but a couple weeks ago, one choked on something and ended up inhaling it fully and was treated with one injection of Baytril from the vet (to prevent aspirational pneumonia) but then switched to Tylan when they all started sneezing. It was stressful for everyone. They're all basically better now thankfully! Is that something that can be caused by the Tylan?

Attachments

• PXL_20210410_020803039.jpg
    PXL_20210410_020803039.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20210410_020759695.jpg
    PXL_20210410_020759695.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 6
I have noticed poop like that in my coop as well, and it wasn't due to any medication as I hadn't given them any. I'm not sure what it is, but my guess is coloration from shed intestinal linings. Whatever it may be, for my chickens it was naturally occurring.

If you're wondering if it's something to be concerned about, my chickens have been completely fine so I don't think it's anything worrisome.

I have noticed poop like that in my coop as well, and it wasn't due to any medication as I hadn't given them any. I'm not sure what it is, but my guess is coloration from shed intestinal linings. Whatever it may be, for my chickens it was naturally occurring.

If you're wondering if it's something to be concerned about, my chickens have been completely fine so I don't think it's anything worrisome.
Thank you! I was a bit worried as I hadn't seen that before!

I've seen plenty of intestinal sheds and have never seen those bleed over into the urates with my chickens.

Would it be from something they ate? I have seen it a couple times on my coop poop board—not near the same time, and I haven’t seen it in quite a while. My girls seem fine.

The pic looks like "coral colored urates" (which is what people call this for some reason). You can search that term to find more pics of it. Those are normal and no reason for concern. Not sure what causes it, but a few of my EEs do it, too!

Back
Top Bottom