Orange Puss in Poop & Egg Laying Pain

I tried cutting it in half and couldn't. It was just like snot - very mucus-y.
But I thought the same thing. I'm afraid she may have salpingitis. She definitely has swelling in her abdomen - that was obvious from the x-rays. She's currently on antibiotics, but I'll send these pics to the vet and she what she thinks. Any advice for salpingitis?

You're treating with Doxycycline? This might help with reproductive infection like Salpingitis. Most use Amoxicillin or even Baytril to treat Salpingitis, but I'd finish the course of Doxy and see how it goes first.

I'd be inclined to get extra Calcium into her for a week as well, this may help her with contractions and expel more material if she's struggling to pass things on out. 600mg Calcium Citrate with D3 would be good, you can find it at Walmart, CVS, etc.

She's doing better! Hasn't had any more lash material in her poops. She went two weeks without laying a shelless egg and had started to lay real eggs. It is still hard for her to lay, but hopefully her system is figuring it out. Took her back to the vet yesterday for a follow up x-ray and her swelling/inflammation is WAY down. She finished her course of antibiotics two weeks ago, and the vet is pleased with her progress. Thyme seems happy, eating normally, and is energetic. The vet said if she backslides we can try another antibiotic, but hopefully she's made it through the worst! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom