Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
Are there any cat rescue groups in the area? Or "Alley Cat Allies" - they do trap, neuter, release. (TNR) He probably wouldn't be wandering so much if he was neutered and he would be more friendly. The local humane society here occasionally has a spay/neuter clinic where people can bring their barn cats for minimum cost, I think $5 ea. They also give rabies shots. It's been really great for the horse farm where I work. We love our barn cats but they have to be neutered - keeps them from wandering & fighting so much. I know this cat is not your responsibility in any way but he is being a nuisance and there might be some outfit locally that can help. Wish I could think of something more useful to do.
sad.png

Are there any cat rescue groups in the area? Or "Alley Cat Allies" - they do trap, neuter, release. (TNR) He probably wouldn't be wandering so much if he was neutered and he would be more friendly. The local humane society here occasionally has a spay/neuter clinic where people can bring their barn cats for minimum cost, I think $5 ea. They also give rabies shots. It's been really great for the horse farm where I work. We love our barn cats but they have to be neutered - keeps them from wandering & fighting so much. I know this cat is not your responsibility in any way but he is being a nuisance and there might be some outfit locally that can help. Wish I could think of something more useful to do.
sad.png
Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not necessarily in the loop anyway, at least on the feline front. I'll have to do some research on this, I guess. I don't want to just shoot him, but he is encroaching on Finn's territory a lot now so I want to do something.

possum's around here, have a fondness for alittle bit of dry cat food in a live-trap and don't mind a ride to state land.
(just thinking outloud)
Scott
We don't mind a lead sleeping pill for pests like that, but I just couldn't figure what to do with the cat if we caught it. I don't want to kill the cat unless I feel it is diseased or something. It appears to be in good weight.

We almost got a shot off at the possum last night, but he ditched us somehow.

So, here's what I caught on game cam last night. Finn brought a catch up on the deck, better look for body parts. And the black cat is back again.

Last edited:
I bet black cat is eating Finn's leftovers. Good luck to him with that - our outdoor cat used to leave only the kidneys!
sickbyc.gif
The other day I saw Finn sniffing at something on the driveway. When he saw me, he began walking toward me as if nothing was there, only a scent. I went to investigate and found the head of a baby bunny sitting upright, just the severed head, as if it was sitting on a plate. I left it and told DH and when I went to show him and remove it, it was gone. Never saw it again. Good grief. The rabbit tartare feasts begin.

"The rabbit tartare feasts begin."
gig.gif

Reminds me of a morning this winter. Apparently one of the house cats found a mouse in the house...all I found was the head.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom