Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
Thanks! Fagin and his brother Dodger are reformed barn cats. Dodge still likes to go outside, but Fagin pretty much likes to do what you see him doing.
Guster is the offspring of a pregnant kitty that was dumped. I found homes for mama and two of the babies. Gus and his brother Ivan the Terrible Cat stuck around when their home fell through. They are very doggy cats and keep me laughing.

*snort* squirrel hangover

Last edited:
I'm actually amazed that we haven't had more dogs and cats land here than we have over the past almost thirteen years. Animal control and the local no-kill shelters are full of them all the time, so you know there are probably triple that number still out there.

People dump them here randomly. So far my neighbor and I have found homes for all of them. Gus and Ivan actually had a home but they decided not to take them late in the game. They were born in my front bedroom and were 3 months old at that point. I was pretty attached, so they got to stay. :)

This young lady ended up inside our fence because she was small enough to go through the wire at the bottom, I guess, or someone put her over it. If we had been in the market for a dog then, I would have kept her because I LOVE hounds:

She was just precious. I hated to turn her over to animal control, but I wasn't ready for another dog. Still don't think we can afford one, but I love hound dogs. My own sweet departed Kes was a pointer/yellow lab and the best dog ever. Sure miss her. She died a month after big old Suede did back in 2012.

Awww, what a face! Those eyes make you just melt!

I had a hunting beagle adopt us for about a month. He showed up one day and lived under an old truck I had at the time. I put up flyers and what not to find his owner and left water out for him. He was clearly someone's hunting dog and he was a gorgeous beagle. At some point he figured out how to dig into the neighbor's pasture and into my backyard. I opened my back door one day to let my two in and he came trotting merrily inside. I was content to let him hang around until he taught my Lily to get into the neighbor's pasture. Since my neighbor is prone to shoot dogs in his pasture, that was the line. I gave up on finding his owner and took him to a beagle rescue.

The rescue took in another dog that same day with the same collar. It had been found out in my area as well. We joked that some hunter had had an accident and sent the dogs for help like Lassie to no avail. The boy beagle was living the high life at my house instead.
roll.png

Cat decides he must sit with Cat Hater. I am laying on the couch, so only see that cat is in chair with Cat Hater. Cat Hater says, "Look at him". I say, "Yeah, he's made himself right at home". Cat Hater says, "But, he's sitting just like me", so I must get up and look. This is what I see.

Back
Top Bottom