Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
OMG Cyn! That's a lot of nightime activity going on out there! Looks like that lousy black cat sprayed the corner of your house, too!
ep.gif
Poor Finn. He's got a lot to keep his eye on and they are definitely invading his territory!

OMG Cyn! That's a lot of nightime activity going on out there! Looks like that lousy black cat sprayed the corner of your house, too!
ep.gif
Poor Finn. He's got a lot to keep his eye on and they are definitely invading his territory!

I didn't smell anything, though. Maybe he did, but the smell didn't hit me. I remember it well from when I was a child and no one neutered their cats at all. We had female cats and the toms would hang around all the time.

Yeah, how do I stop this partying on my deck? I don't think Finn likes any of these visitors.Today when we came home from town, the gray tabby from across the street was outside our driveway gate sitting down looking at Finn, who was sitting down in the driveway about 20' back, looking at him/her. Feline follies around here lately!

Did you notice that the black cat came up at 4:48 a.m and did not leave (or come back around toward the steps) until 4:56 a.m? What the heck was he doing up there?

Last edited:
Wow, that's like Grand Central Station at your place Cyn!

Ugh, oppossums...can't stand them.

Wow, that's like Grand Central Station at your place Cyn!

Ugh, oppossums...can't stand them.

Yeah, little too active on my porch. Thankfully, no human lurkers were photographed, but it snaps me and hubby going up and down a hundred times a day, plus Finn, too.

Coming back from the barn, looked down the driveway and saw this-had to zoom in from 200 ft back toward the house. It belongs across the road.

Do you have food sitting out for Finn on the deck? If so, that could be attracting all the night visitors. If not, I can't think what would attract them all up on to the deck itself. I had a possum encounter the other night. I keep a 5 gallon pail outside my kitchen door and toss vegetable peelings in for the compost pile. I opened the door to toss some and found this.

This was last night, in addition to the possum caught in our trash again. This cat has to go. If we trap him, what then? Animal control probably won't take him and the Humane Society is full up with cats. Plus, he's a black cat and sometimes they don't so well with adoptions. I wish I could tell if he's friendly or not, but we never see him in the daytime.

Wish I could offer some useful suggestions about the black cat Cyn but I'm fresh out. It looks like he's making himself at home. Poor Finn!

Wish I could offer some useful suggestions about the black cat Cyn but I'm fresh out. It looks like he's making himself at home. Poor Finn!

I was hoping to see them interact to discover how Finn really feels about him, but Finn doesn't come up here when the black one is up here or if he's already in his house, he stays put until the black cat leaves. Probably a good idea since we have no idea what that cat might carry, though Finn has had all his shots.

Back
Top Bottom