Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Glad Finn was okay!! Cats sure are smart!! Mine doesn’t really go out much anymore but she seems to have been spooked by something a couple years ago and so doesn’t go as far as she used to, mostly sticking around the house. Of course, she is also older now which probably played a little bit of a role but still.

I dread the day he really doesn't come home, or comes home very badly injured (worse than his legs shredded from a cat fight). Tom will be devastated. That cat will sit next to his keyboard or on his chest and butt his head to Tom's forehead. They are so bonded. I told Tom we need to get a German Shepherd puppy so Finn can train him and the dog will then take care of the cat!

I dread the day he really doesn't come home, or comes home very badly injured (worse than his legs shredded from a cat fight). Tom will be devastated. That cat will sit next to his keyboard or on his chest and butt his head to Tom's forehead. They are so bonded. I told Tom we need to get a German Shepherd puppy so Finn can train him and the dog will then take care of the cat!

Awww that is so sweet!!! :love And that would be amazing!! :love

Remember when we used to refer to your DH as the "cat hater"? Boys, times sure do change! :D

I did not realize it had been this long since I posted on Finn's thread, wow. Finn has been having eye issues, one cataract and the other eye is red and swollen. This started months ago as red eyes, got drops at the vet, didn't help for long, tried Terramycin ointment in the eyes and a lysine supplement daily, then went back to the vet and found he had a minor cataract in one eye. Then, he went back last week. Got oral anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, more eye drops.

Finn is at the vet again today for follow-up. Apparently, they want to do more tests. They said the problem may not be his eyes, but something causing his eye issues. They want to do a CBC panel, but the vet said they'd do one certain test first and if that was positive, there would be no need to do the others, that the condition tested for is fatal and incurable (feline leukemia or something else? Relayed to me on the phone by my husband). If it's negative, the other tests will take 45 minutes to come back with results. So, I'm sitting at home, finally raining here and waiting for Tom to get back with poor Finn. He's had days and days of antibiotics internally and in his eyes, plus anti-inflammatories and he is still squinting most of the time. Finn has now been with us almost 8 years, a big part of the family and his age is estimated at about 9 years old, maybe slightly older. Sweet cat, that one.

The verdict is that Finn has an ulcer on one eye, possibly from an injury outside. He possibly has glaucoma in the other eye, but there is pressure in both so he has drops for both with different purposes, but the tests did not show anything terrible as an underlying cause of his eye issues, thankfully. Still, he's what my mother would have called a "hundred dollar alley cat", LOL. But, now, with inflation, it's more like $500.

The verdict is that Finn has an ulcer on one eye, possibly from an injury outside. He possibly has glaucoma in the other eye, but there is pressure in both so he has drops for both with different purposes, but the tests did not show anything terrible as an underlying cause of his eye issues, thankfully. Still, he's what my mother would have called a "hundred dollar alley cat", LOL. But, now, with inflation, it's more like $500.

Hi Cyn, glad things turned out to be what they did and not way worse. Finn is a trooper (and worth way more than $500) :love

Me, too, and yes, it's worth at least knowing what the cause is and if he stands to lose his vision. It's going to be very hard keeping him inside, though, during treatment. He's very independent. Everyone in the vet's office kept saying what a sweet cat he was.

Back
Top Bottom