Order fertilized eggs?

just to add, imo a broody is a strange bird and until one has experience and knows chicken behavior pretty well i just dont think its going to be a sure thing or very successful .. i have a small setup, smallish coop, 8-15 chickens on average, i freerange in my reserved size fenced property for 15y or so .. not once has a broody ever been a success story, not that i promoted it, its just not ideal unless you got space and know how things should be set up ... its much better to order quality sexed chicks from a reputable hatchery, expensive, but no fuss .. i have my setup now with a rooster and an incubator and thats how i keep it sustainable .. i could produce enough eggs and chicks for just about everybody i know lol ... i have a young broody atm, but it causes issues in the coop collecting eggs, and this time of year a chicken sitting all day is asking for parasites and a filthy broke eggs mess to clean up .. i put them in a seperate pen for a week to break them out of it, and thats where she is atm, day 3 .. she's not happy about the whole thing lol, but thats too bad ..

Attachments

• 20230505_094149.jpg
    20230505_094149.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom