Ordered an automatic chicken door!

TOP KNOT

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
SHERIDAN IL
I order the VSB from Foys. My thought was to use it on the house. We are home in the morning to let the girls out of their run, but in the winter months it will be after dark when we get home. I am thinking that I will install it on the house. I will open and shut the run, morning and night manually. This way I won't have to worry. I am excited to get it!
big_smile.png
http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/rabbit-products/misc-products/2101-doorkeeper-inside-installation

I have the D20 add a motor on mine plugged into a digital timer with a battery back up and love it no worries about opening and closing. I'm sure you will love yours I'm not sure if you can use yours with a timer but you will love it, Good luck.

I have the D20 add a motor on mine plugged into a digital timer with a battery back up and love it no worries about opening and closing. I'm sure you will love yours I'm not sure if you can use yours with a timer but you will love it, Good luck.
It has a light sensor, a timer is an add on that they sell. A light sensor should work fine, we shall see.I just need to adjust the size of the door opening.

I would not be without my automatic pop hole....never have to worry about the girls not being shut up tight and can lay-in in the mornings, knowing they are let back out. Mine is on a light sensor and it works a dream BUT I do have a fully secure pen surrounding their house. I would not want to rely on that pop hole alone keeping predators out!

I would not be without my automatic pop hole....never have to worry about the girls not being shut up tight and can lay-in in the mornings, knowing they are let back out. Mine is on a light sensor and it works a dream BUT I do have a fully secure pen surrounding their house. I would not want to rely on that pop hole alone keeping predators out!
I have a secure run, I will manually open and close that in the morning and evening. I just can not get home before dark, so this will keep everyone safe
big_smile.png
I will still worry about the occasional hen that gets over the fence and can not get back over .I am working on that...

Ok, I received my chicken door on Tuesday, and today, (Friday) I finally got time to install it!! It is a really slick unit! After I figured out the instructions....it was a breeze to install. I used my previous door which was plywood and much larger of an opening to mount the slide rails on. I marked out the hole and cut it out part way with a radial arm saw the the rest with the scroll saw. I just dropped the old door into its slot with the new hole and door mounted to it. I had to run to the hardware store to get something to mount the string to the door??? I bought this rubber lined ignition guide thingy and a chicago screw!! Perfect!!!! The box was an easy mount over the door, hooked the string to the door, added the batteries, put the sleeve over the light sensor and down it went!! Slowly, very slowly! But that is ok! It works!! I may need to adjust the light sensitivity and may need to put a shield on or by the yard light. Will see how things work tonight at sundown!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom