1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ordered day olds from ideal...have question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hobbley_Farm, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I ordered day old chicks from Ideal. They should be here in a week. Last time I ordered from Ideal it was in feb 2007. They sent as many "males for warmth" as I ordered pullets. As warm as it is out right NOW, do you think they will do that again?

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I just got my order of 14 from ideal last week and they didn't even include one extra.

Which I guess is good and bad, no extra cute fuzzies in case any died, but also no roos to get attached to before realizing they were roos. I got extras from McMurray in the Spring also.

3. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Most likely not. How many and what did you order?

Jayare

4. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i just got an order of 15 from ideal, no extras here

5. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Jayare's Chicks :

Most likely not. How many and what did you order?

Jayare

I ordered 6 cornish rocks, 1 jersey black giant, 1 ameraucanas, 1 IDEAL 236, and 1 white only white leghorn.

Don't ask my why I didn't order 2 more to make it a cool dozen. I have no idea​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by