Ordered from Eagle Nest Poultry before???

butch

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Van Wert
Have you ever ordered from Eagle Nest Poultry before??? if so, how did you like them? how is their quality of their birds??? do you have any pics of there poultry too?

Thanks!

Nope, never had the desire to keep Eagles with my chickens!
lau.gif
gig.gif
Sorry, had to say that. I have never heard of them, but I'm on my way to look them up.
thumbsup.gif

I've never heard of them either and by the area code they are somewhere around me. They don't appear to have a new catalog so I wonder if they are still selling.

Yes, they are still selling poultry for this year, I would really like to see what their birds look like
wink.png

i have tried for two years to orderfrom them. Called at least ten times throughout the season last year. Finally got a hold of them at the end of the season and had never gotten a return call. Then at the end of the season they suposadly put in a batch of eggs but never returned calls to get a ship date, this year I've called several times and goit a hold of someone who said they'd put a catalog in the mail but I have yet to recieve one. After trying to call yesterday and find out about the catalog I gave up and ordered from holdereads who answered the phone right away. I also ordered from Plum Run Poultry who gave a quik response as well! Eagles Nest was always polite, just hard to get in contact with and unreliable in my opinion. I have heard that they have great birds though!

My experience was not good. I had to harass them to finally get my order and when it arrived, there were very few of the breed I ordered and the box was filled with a breed I didn't order. I ordered 14 females and 2 males and received 3 females and 3 males of the breed I paid for.

Quality of the birds, at least superficially, is good. I'll know more after I breed them and see what I get.

I don't recommend because of the really poor customer service and it sure looks to me like they are selling more birds than they can hatch, otherwise it wouldn't take so long to fill the orders and then finally to not send the breed paid for. I had to call and send letters repeatedly before I finally received birds.

They don't accept credit cards, so if you don't get your birds, you have no recourse. They've cashed your check and you have no way to get your money back.

If they are close by, and you can pick up birds in person and pay when you pick the birds up, the ducklings are better than those sold by most of the big national hatcheries

So far so good, for me anyway, I got who I am guessing is Kay on the phone, got my catalog, and am sending my order in now for March. I do plan on calling ahead and picking up my ducklings at the farm, so we will see how that goes!

Eagle's Nest is the hatchery our fair meatie's come from each year and Bill Karcher is great--he's a fount of knowledge and has judged at the Delaware County Fair a couple of years ago. He is wonderful with the kids both as a judge and in the clinics he's given, as is his son. I would not hesitate to order chicks from him if I was looking for the breeds he has. I have not done so on my own, just know the man from county fair experience and he's a stand up guy. Best of luck in whatever you do!

Back
Top Bottom