Ordered my first meaties of the year.

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
I order 11 CornishX all roosters. I pick them up on 2/22. I'm just doing in small batches this year. Due to getting overwhelmed last year. Who else ordered ?

Not yet. Waiting for it to get a little warmer so they can spend most of thier life OUT of my garage brooder
sickbyc.gif

I havent ordered more the ones over the winter here I had alot of trouble. I attribute it to the cold. I will wait another week or so but look forward to getting more.

Blessings
amy

We have 24 layers and are looking to get 10-15 meat chickens this year. I know nothing about breeds or types. We want these for our own consumption when they are ready, an dare looking at building out a coop for them.

I think I have the coop figured out, but what about breeds/types? are there any better than others? References or things to read up on so we can get smart about this??

Thanks

I ordered five CX with my pullets, to come in Feb 16. I think we'll order ten in April and ten or more in June--I don't want to overwhelm the honey with butchering or the sheer amount of poo. We're starting smaller due to space issues, both pre and post butchering. I have a side by side in the house, a side by side, an upright freezer and a chest freezer in the garage, and I'm out of space. Sounds like time to do some cleaning!

Back
Top Bottom