Ordering ducklings online?

Quote:
Their new minimum order is 2 ducklings because they came up with a way to ship less ducklings. It costs $12 extra.

You also have to pay $35 for the birds. So it's $12 + $35.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/MinimumOrders.cfm?CustID=401367

"The Small Order Charge is $12 and includes the special 60 hour heat pack, the insulation and box sealing.
There is also a minimum charge for the birds (excluding sexing charges) of $35. "

Last edited:
Quote:
Their new minimum order is 2 ducklings because they came up with a way to ship less ducklings. It costs $12 extra.

You also have to pay $35 for the birds. So it's $12 + $35.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/MinimumOrders.cfm?CustID=401367

"The Small Order Charge is $12 and includes the special 60 hour heat pack, the insulation and box sealing.
There is also a minimum charge for the birds (excluding sexing charges) of $35. "

Whoops, forgot about that.

I JUST ordered 6 sexed Cayuga ducklings from Metzer Farms. Ship date I selected is the day before my birthday, August 30th.

I ordered females because I have four Cayuga drakes who are gang-raping my little call duck and her parter drake can't protect her. I figure six big girls (once they grow up) should keep those four boys happy. Meanwhile, I'm providing as much hiding space for the calls as I can.

I was charged about thirteen bucks less than if I'd ordered a full ten, the 'minimum' order.

There are more ship dates available; Metzer Farms ONLY sells waterfowl, no chickens.

I also recommend Metzer. I ordered my first Campbells from Ideal, and while they are sweet little ducks, I had a shipped survival rate somewhere south of 50% (I ordered 12, ended up with 5, and my survivors aren't even safely into adulthood yet.) I got a refund for my order remainder and just received 5 golden hybrids, 5 white layers, and 3 harlequin hatch-lings from Metzer and they are really vigorous from the second they arrived (100% survival). I took the baling straps off and the top of the box started moving!

I opted to go with Metzer the second time 'round because I figured it would be an easier trip from California to Arizona. I also popped for the Gro-Gel, and I suspect it made a big difference in general health. My Metzer duckies were so tiny when they arrived, smaller than my Ideal ducks. All the breeds I ordered from Metzer are based on Campbell lines so they shouldn't have that much of a size difference. It's made me suspect that Ideal sent older than day old ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom