Ordering Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TeenDuckLady, Aug 18, 2014.

1. TeenDuckLady

TeenDuckLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    East Texas
    I haven't ordered ducklings before, but I am hoping to do so soon. Anyone have suggestions on where I should order?

2. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    I ordered my ducklings from Metzer Farms. First year with ducklings and they arrived happy and healthy. I was a little bit hesitant first since they are in California and I am in Missouri but they took great care in packing them. I ordered 4 ducklings and 4 geese and all are doing great. They turned 17 weeks today and I got my first eggs today!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't be happier with them. Will definitely orderer again.

3. Sfraker

Sfraker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    I am in North Carolina and ordered from Metzers in California this past February. All six ducklings arrived safe and sound.

4. SerenityRachel

SerenityRachel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2014
    Ohio
    I ordered my ducklings from Meyer Hatchery, which I believe is just the Ohio branch of Metzers. Our ducklings came in the mail, 2 day shipping, from California to Ohio. They were perfect! We did lose one of the four for unknown reasons when they were about 2 months old, but obviously that shouldn't reflect on the hatchery.
    You will love your ducklings. They are so cute and silly! Ours just started laying a couple of days ago :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by