Ordering Ducks?

Fluffy_Feathers

Songster
6 Years
Jul 6, 2017
Missouri
Does anyone have any experience with ordering sexed ducks and having them shipped? I want to know if that is reliable in the health of the duck and in the accuracy of the sexing. Are there any good delivery farms and/or hatcheries are out there that I could be suggested to?

IMG_9594.JPG
I always get mine from Johnson's Waterfowl and have very good results.
IMG_0412.JPG

Does anyone have any experience with ordering sexed ducks and having them shipped? I want to know if that is reliable in the health of the duck and in the accuracy of the sexing. Are there any good delivery farms and/or hatcheries are out there that I could be suggested to?
My nbr has bought ducks online and wont ever do it again he tried it two times and bought about 10 ducks each time with only 5 being alive on delivery day and then three dying after being with him after just a couple of hours...out of both times which is 20 ducks in total he only had 5 that our now about a year old.I dont recommend doing it,but if it is the only way you can get ducks in your area maybe give it a try..Im not sure what company it was,but it was just a really sad day.Are you able to pick up ducks any where else besides ordering online?

Yes I have 2 feed stores in my area, but I don't think those ducks are sexed, but I'm not sure. I really want 2 girl ducks. If I get a drake I can't keep it and I'll have to find somewhere else to put him, then I'll be stuck with 1 duck... and that's if both aren't drakes. I wanted to see about ordering the ducks if it turns out the feed store ducks aren't sexed.

Yes I have 2 feed stores in my area, but I don't think those ducks are sexed, but I'm not sure. I really want 2 girl ducks. If I get a drake I can't keep it and I'll have to find somewhere else to put him, then I'll be stuck with 1 duck... and that's if both aren't drakes. I wanted to see about ordering the ducks if it turns out the feed store ducks aren't sexed.
The ones my nbr ordered were not sexed he bought them and expected to sell the extra males he had...just an idea but you could get the ones at the feed stores and just sell the extra ducks.what breed and how many do you plan on getting? is there a reason why you cant have male ducks?

Back
Top Bottom