Ordering from Holderread's and within driving distance to southern Al?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Dec 31, 2010.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I'd like a male runner from Holderread's (penciled, blue or maybe white). Maybe 2, but since I only have 3 girls, I'm thinking 2 would not be a good idea. (2 boys would be so I don't have more quacking girls, my 3 can be loud enough as it is)
    Can I raise just 1 duckling with the 3 girls around, or do I really need to have 2?

Either way - is there somebody that is within driving distance that is ordering from Holderread for this spring/summer? And I could tag on to that order to just get 1 (or 2)?
    Or I could order if somebody else (or multiple somebody else) in driving distance wants some ducks (or whatever it takes to get an order shipped)?

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Just got to this post. I replied to your last comment further up the board. I said I would GIVE you a runner if you wanted it. I know I will end up with extras. I have ordered white and Emery penciled.
    PLUUUUSSSSS!!! Now I have my incubator and I have Pekins, You know you cant raise a lone duckling..that would be way to sad and I could always give you the Pekin you always wanted...you know, as a packing peanut..never a good idea to raise a lone duckling hehehe

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by