Ordering My pet chicken chicks question ??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crazychicken, Mar 2, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    It says

Our smallest order size of 3 chicks applies to major cities only, such as Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, Portland OR, etc., due to the speed with which they can be delivered. If you live within 30 minutes of a major city, the best minimum is 5 chicks.

I live 30 minutes from Raleigh NC, So does Raleigh count as a major city or does it have to be huge cities like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Miami, San Francisco, ect. ? so would my minimum of chicks be 5 or more ? my parents say that since we are moving that we don't have space for more in the coop. (we could easily fit 2-3 more hens if we follow the 5sq foot per bird rule and they free range. ) and they would not ship out until later in march and they would not be big enough to go in the big coop for a few months? so the less the better I guess [​IMG]. so COULD I get away with 4 or would I have to go with five I guess I could order 5 and then sell the extra's. oops I am rambling on and on about my problems again. lol so how many would I have to order ?​

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    I would just call and tell them where you are and they will tell you what you need to do.

3. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    I would call as well, even though 3 is there minimum I wouldn't recommend you getting that few.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by