Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

Ok, so I currently have

10 red stars - turning 1 yo
4 cuckoo Marans - turning 1 yo
1 Serama - turning 2 yo
2 well summers - turning 2 & 6 yo
1 frizzle EE - 8 yo
3 EE- one 6 yo, 2 1 week
1 Gold wyandotte - 7 yo
1 barred rock - 1 week

I would like to expand my flock to 30 or 35 when we move to a bigger yard, preferably in 2 years or so. I would like to add more green and blue layers and also ducks.

I find ordering new chicks so much fun. I have a small backyard (front yard) flock and just ordered 4 new chicks for the spring. I am excited to learn what you ordered/plan to order or are excited for the 2023 year. I ordered a salmon faverolle, a bielefeder, a buff orpington and a lakeside egger. What did you get or are planning to get?
I just picked up my order from Meyer at the Post Office this morning. Everyone looks good so far! I got a couple different assortments so will have to try to figure out what everyone is.

Attachments

• 20230329_081354.jpg
    20230329_081354.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230329_090742.jpg
    20230329_090742.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Chicks.jpg
    Chicks.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 2
Oh and a friend might give my 6 white leghorns if they start making too much of a mess... Wish I would've known before I got 3 more... Will probably build another coop. Chicken math gets the best of us.

My shipment arrived today!!! All arrived chirping and active. I ordered from Mt healthy.

2 EE
2 OE
2 Wellsummer

Mystery chicks are a Partridge Rock and Blue Rock.

Extra is either a second Blue Rock or OE

My shipment arrived today!!! All arrived chirping and active. I ordered from Mt healthy.

2 EE
2 OE
2 Wellsummer

Mystery chicks are a Partridge Rock and Blue Rock.

Extra is either a second Blue Rock or OE
Yay! I have heard so many good experiences with Mt Healthy. Glad I ordered from them this summer!

Yay! I have heard so many good experiences with Mt Healthy. Glad I ordered from them this summer!
I was nervous because the shipment originally said they’d get here by April 1 when they arrived at the post the evening of the 28th. I was SO NERVOUS because it’s cold where I live and a storm is coming this afternoon. Shipment updates did not have me thinking they’d be here this morning. Sure enough i got a call from the post office at 6:30 AM.

I’m saying this not because I’m upset but to maybe ease your worries if it seems like your shipment is going to take a long time.

I was nervous because the shipment originally said they’d get here by April 1 when they arrived at the post the evening of the 28th. I was SO NERVOUS because it’s cold where I live and a storm is coming this afternoon. Shipment updates did not have me thinking they’d be here this morning. Sure enough i got a call from the post office at 6:30 AM.

I’m saying this not because I’m upset but to maybe ease your worries if it seems like your shipment is going to take a long time.
So Wed hatch, arrived Thur? Or Monday hatch? And how far? Just curious, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom