Ordering two ducks is crazy expensive!

AnaD

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
N. Ca
I calculated the cost on Metzer Farms and it is just not going to happen I'm not paying $38 for two ducks!
The feed stores near by are not even thinking about getting chicks or ducklings in until May
sad.png
Seriously!? It's Cali-flipping-fornia!
I looked on craigs list and their are only some ancona ducklings for $5 near by...I will have to see what kinda birds they are.
I was hoping to get a khaki campbell and a cayuga.

Does anyone have any ideas about anywhere else I should look?

DuckLover179

Waddles & Puddles
9 Years
Nov 28, 2010
California
Quote:
If you have a feed store near by, they might be selling ducks. I haven't heard bad things about anconas though. For me (this might sound stupid) pekins were my dream duck... If that makes any sense. I wanted them too badly to bother even thinking $60 was expensive... I have spent over $400 on everything for them, and everyday I still feel like I would spend another $400 because they are worth it!

So go with your gut, if Cayuga's, and Khaki Campbell's are your dream duck, then you should get them, but if you don't have a dream duck, and are okay going with an ancona to save money, then that's what you should do!
smile.png

DarkWolf

Songster
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Murray Kentucky
Way I figure. Get the min and sell the others off on Craigslist for cost. I ran the costs for 10 Welsh from Metz and Holderread. Holderread came out on top with $61.50 for 10 birds shipped to my door. I'll be keeping 5-6 of them and selling the others as juvenile birds when they're old enough for $12ea.

Ordering below 10 birds is always a huge cost due to fees. But you can always find people who want to buy the excess from larger orders on Craigslist.

</2cents>

BarefootMom

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Half Way, Missouri
Do you have a sale barn nearby that sells all animals? Maybe post a wanted ad on CL and try that. Also look in the classifieds-actual paper classifieds. There are people that still put ads in the paper.

Top Bottom