Ordinance Lawrence, Indiana

Thank you all! Have left a phone message and am waiting response. I did send an email to address that was given but received notice it was not a working address. 🤷‍♀️ On hold till they call me back 😔. Once I know the permit laws then we’ll see what’s next. Hopefully coop construction. Only other delay might be finances. Husband was injured (both hands) on Job last July and doc has just now released him to go back to work with no restrictions. Covid, like everyone else has put limits on his company so we may be temporarily without pay check. He’s a carpenter and will be brains behind construction but I may be the hands and designer. We need to be resourceful finding materials. From what I’ve read we will be able to have 2-3 chickens. But which ones? Decisions, decisions! 🐥 🐥 🐥

Hi! New here and want to learn as much as I can before getting chickens. I did see a thread here from 2014 that chickens are not allowed here in Lawrence but they are in Marion County, Indianapolis which Lawrence is inside of. Does anyone know if there’s been success in changing this ordinance? If the ordinance has not been changed is there anyone here, in Lawrence wanting help or willing to help change the ordinance?
Did you ever figure this out? I'm soon to move to Lawrence township, in Geist Harbours. There is an HOA doc that says, "No farm animals, livestock or poultry shall be kept, raised, or bred on any lot in the Geist Harbours Development, except as specifically allowed by local ordinance." That seems to me that the door was left cracked. Thoughts?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm soon to move to Lawrence township, in Geist Harbours. There is an HOA doc that says, "No farm animals, livestock or poultry shall be kept, raised, or bred on any lot in the Geist Harbours Development, except as specifically allowed by local ordinance." That seems to me that the door was left cracked. Thoughts?
:welcome :frow You will have to check with the local ordinances. I did come across this. I hope it helps. Good luck...
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/885...ickens-as-permitted-under-marion-county-laws/

17413600-72D4-4221-8A59-46057D9EE894.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom