Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Hi Jeanine!

We've been busy feeding chicks! I have a turkey and an EE (hatched 4/15), 16 W/BWA's (hatched 4/23) and 16 Buckeyes from Pathfinders that are keeping me busy! Fortunately they've been moved to a cage in the coop, but they eat a lot! I need to make a feed bucket for'em so I don't have to check on them more than once a day!

Other than that, things are just peachy and I've loved the sunshine the last few days...it's been nice!

I just have to say how awesome our swap is!!!! (I know, we already know this, but I have to say it again)...I have a brand new 4Her thanks to our spring swap!! Apparently this 6th grade boy was down at the park fishing the day of our swap, they checked out the goings-on, and bought several birds! Tonight was his first 4H meeting ever. He came to our meeting not even knowing the breed of his little bantam girl, which happens to be a very nice golden sebright. I don't know who he bought her from, but she is just great!! And so are all of you!!!!
love.gif

Quote:
I hear ya John!! One of my 4H moms asked me tonight how many chicks I had....a quick mental tally came up with around 50...just in the house!!!
th.gif
Plus the 25-ish adolescents that are outside....
ep.gif

Quote:
That would be my Layla
smile.png
He was the nicest boy!! He came over and told me all about his chickens and how he takes good care of them and promised me he would take the best care of her ever if I let him have her. I am so glad Jeanine!!!

And yes, our swap ROCKS!
clap.gif

Cloverleaf and DancingHen,
What kind of cages do you guys use?
hu.gif
I have had the D'Uccle roo and the Serama hen in every different cage I can find, and they are both little escape artists! I have been playing swap the cage all day!
barnie.gif
The hen is the best at getting out! I'm thinking of putting a camera in the room so I can figure out how they are doing it. I think I finally have it, then I hear a noise, go in to check and I get the 'you know what' scared
ep.gif
out of me with a bird flying at me!
he.gif
I think I might have everyone settled (I'm hoping for the night!), we will just have to wait and see.
caf.gif
It might be a long night. I might just have to have a couple of drinks now!
bun.gif

Quote:
LOL She lived in a crate while she was growing(like the one you brought to pick her up), but I use rabbit cages mostly (the kind with the plastic bottom & wire top). Yeah, any time I didn't get her door latched she would push it open & go on a walk about, but she never willfully "escaped"...
lau.gif
Sorry to laugh, but I hafta!!
gig.gif

Quote:
That would be my Layla
smile.png
He was the nicest boy!! He came over and told me all about his chickens and how he takes good care of them and promised me he would take the best care of her ever if I let him have her. I am so glad Jeanine!!!

And yes, our swap ROCKS!
clap.gif

Yes, he is very excited, and she is very sweet!! She has beautiful lacing!!
smile.png

Quote:
That would be my Layla
smile.png

And yes, our swap ROCKS!
clap.gif

smile.png

That is so cool, really. He was scrounging money from everyone to buy her...I was going to give him to her for free because I liked him so much but he insisted on buying her. I think he came up with $5 and some change
smile.png
He was a really great kid and I'm glad he is having fun with her. She was just a hatchery bird too! Both my silver sebrights are hatchery birds also but they have very pretty lacing. Makes me wonder what a SQ sebright would look like

Quote:
smile.png

That is so cool, really. He was scrounging money from everyone to buy her...I was going to give him to her for free because I liked him so much but he insisted on buying her. I think he came up with $5 and some change
smile.png
He was a really great kid and I'm glad he is having fun with her. She was just a hatchery bird too! Both my silver sebrights are hatchery birds also but they have very pretty lacing. Makes me wonder what a SQ sebright would look like

I will definitely keep you posted on her, and how he does showing her!
smile.png
He wasn't signed up in time to show her at fair this year, but he has a lot to learn before he's ready to step up to a showmanship table anyway, so it's just as well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom