Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

If anyone knows anyone who needs a sweet, lovable, soon to be BIG rooster, let me know.
It was my plan to take my straight run Speckled Sussex and choose the best (biggest, nicest, and prettiest) roo to keep with the hens. The others were headed to freezer camp. I am usually pretty ok with it as long as someone else dispatches them. But my little SS are the sweetest birds I have ever known and I CAN'T eat them. I love them. All 5 of them.
They are hatchery stock (Ideal) but still pretty and sooooo nice. No special treatment (I mean above and beyond the other breeds I have) they are just naturally lovable. They run up to greet me, they let me pet them and seem to like it. They'll happily lay in my lap or let the kids (6 and 7 years old) handle them. They seldom fight unless the buff orp who came with them starts it. They are already the size of my polish hen but still peeping. I think they were hatched June 8th, but I might be off a week. They are so personable they have positively influenced the demeanor of my whole flock... my old, skittish birds now come up and tolerate brief contact without bribery because the little ones make it seem like fun!
I need to relocate 3 of them, as I have a home for one already (holding him till October!) I will be traveling to Lebanon (from Medford) next weekend (8-26 through 8-28) and also the weekend of September 10th. I also plan to list them on craigslist and failing that I will bring them to the swap. I just can't eat the nicest chickens I have ever had... I am sure someone wants a speckled sussex....right?

Quote:
It was great to meet you too!!! And THANK YOU for giving them a great home!!!!
clap.gif

Quote:
LOL Oh yeah, I would HATE to see it!!
lol.png
I DO wanna see it!! However, I will be gone most of the day after about noon, so don't worry when I don't post a response right away!
wink.png

As far as when to get it...my next couple of weeks are booked up with my sisters wedding, etc...I guess a good question would be, when do you want your bantam Ameraucanas?
lau.gif
LOL j/k! Um...I'm thinking I might have to wait until school starts and I can come up during the day, or possibly wait for Stevenson, but I don't want to wait that long, I want it NOW, I'm excited!!!
lol.png
Clear as mud?

I know I am pretty safe cause I am sure that those bantam Ameraucanas will cost way more than this silly sign!
lau.gif
idunno.gif

How is thier egg production ? Can they keep with my RIR B's for egg size

Last edited:
I had a table at a local craft sale in Sweet Home today - the sale was pretty much a bust (at least for me, and I didn't see that much of a crowd) but I did pass out info about the October swap to quite a few people - several said they wanted chickens or ducks, a couple said they had incubators or chickens for sale... so hopefully we'll see a few more newbies popping up on the forum and joining in the fun!

Thought I would give my update for the swap since I no longer have the rooster.

Bringing: nothing

Wants: Silkie pullets
Polish pullets
Olive Egger pullet
Possibly Cochin pullet
Possibly Buff O pullet
Raspberry starts from Dancing Hen

OK so since I know she's not going to be on until tomorrow I am gonna give ya a sneek peek. What do ya think?? I know its hard to see but the clovers are not flat.
Feel free to give me any feed back good or bad.

23104_clf_sign_003.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom