Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
I can personally attest to the quality of marg's birds. They are way worth it and she is usually reasonable with the pricing. If you've been considering either breed, then that's the way to go!

Looks like lots of silkies coming
smile.png
I just got an email from someone who is bringing a silkie hen who needs a home with other silkies and/or bantams. The big girls are picking on her and she is lonely
sad.png

Hmm... lots of silkies eh? Today went well so I might hang around all day! LOL

But that also means... I have a bit of time for which extra silkie roosters could come my way if nobody wants them and their owners don't want to take them home...

Quote:
Quite a few silkie roosters coming too. I took 3 phone calls today from people showing up with them and lots of emails too. As predicted, we are going to have a lot of people just showing up tomorrow. If the weather is nice, we will "push" outside a bit (no sun shades please - don't want to be that obvious lol) if needed.

Thanks! I may leave for a bit between 12 and 3, but will be back around "closing" to help out.

This spring I got in a tad over my head with extra roosters... which is why I haven't said anything till now about it. LOL. I packed over 25 boys and a few spent hens into my little red car. SO was not happy at all and processing made for a LONG evening...

Quote:
I can try to help you out with that. Slow blooming boys will throw me, but I should be able to get most of them right!
lol.png
You'll probably have to remind me though!!
wink.png

Jeanine
That sounds like a plan. I am getting better at it myself but could still use some tips and pointers.

I am hoping to get some chicks at the swap and was wondering who is bring and selling little chickies. Ameraucanas (LF and Bantam), Faverolles (LF or Bantam), Barnevelders (LF or Bantam), Blue Jersey Giant, Plymouth Rock bantams, d'Uccles, Belgian d'Anver, or Brahma Bantams are some of the breeds I am interested in.
I really hope I can get some little babies tomorrow!
big_smile.png

Hey Laura, I have a cute wire chicken basket (egg basket) I would like to add in as a raffle prize, if I'm not too late? Might put a soap or two in it as well!

10035_100_3154.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom