Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
Whatch got in the bators?
This weekend Nike the silkie will hopefully have 2 new black bantam ameraucana babies (from clover. She promised me they were pullet eggs!) I stuck some MFCs in our bator so I might have a few more but I'm trying to keep the chick level low because we're leaving DH behind to take care of everyone right after school is out. Two weeks with my parents! My DH volunteered to stay home and take care of everything! Wonder why?

Quote:
Whatch got in the bators?
This weekend Nike the silkie will hopefully have 2 new black bantam ameraucana babies (from clover. She promised me they were pullet eggs!) I stuck some MFCs in our bator so I might have a few more but I'm trying to keep the chick level low because we're leaving DH behind to take care of everyone right after school is out. Two weeks with my parents! My DH volunteered to stay home and take care of everything! Wonder why?

I have a hodge podge - some dominiques, giant cochin, EE, blue copper marans and buttercup. At this rate I'll be lucky if I get one of each and then have to hope not all roosters.

Gee, can't imagine DH volunteering to stay home
lol.png

Dang broody. She got poop all over her eggs! I checked on her tonight and 2 of them were crusted over. I took out the oxine spray and cleaned them off. I hope they're not full of bacteria. And only 4 more days to go.
barnie.gif

Have:
Buckeye chicks - Just received 16 from Pathfinders. They will be approx 5 months old by swap time and will sell a couple trios...depending on what they mature out to be.

10 Mixed Wyandotte eggs from Soggy Bottom Farms just put under a couple of broodies.

Quote:
The lav orp and domX eggs we got from you are in lockdown along with the lav ameracaunas we got from cloverleaf. Can hardly wait!!!!
tongue.png

My broody likes to hatch them early. I purchased 4 lav or lav split ameraucana eggs from cloverleaf at the swap, gave them to my broody that night. Todays day 19 I have my first chick and all the rest are pipped+.
The first pip I found
IMG_0620.jpg

It zipped in my hand
IMG_0625.jpg

The Lav that hatched
IMG_0664.jpg

So cute! It's still learning to walk:)
IMG_0675.jpg

I wasn't expecting all 6 eggs I gave her to hatch and I can't keep them all. If anyone wants a few let me know. She's hatching the 4 lav or split ameraucana eggs from cloverleaf and 2 from my flock (ee hen X leghorn roo).

Last edited:
Do you mean blue orps? We don't have lavender, just blue/black/splash. Sounds good though, let me know when they all pop out!
smile.png
I guess chickened had to toss 6 eggs of the orps (he got two dozen from us)..
hmm.png
We like to stand behind our birds - if anyone has eggs that are not fertile (day 7 candling), please let us know and I'll do my best to meet you with replacement eggs at the next swap.

Hope everyone that got chicks is doing well with them. Their hatchmates here at my house have been really loving this warm weather - it means they get to spend even more time outside each day!

Off topic train coming through...

Anyone want a pair of parakeets? They are 7 weeks old, fully weaned, are familiar with handling and have learned how to fly before I clipped them for transport.

4 available. They are used to about 3-4 hours of outside cage time a day to free fly a room.... although they spend most their time sitting on top of their cage or sitting around "the water hole" (bird bath).

They are free! Just have to come pick them up.

230_everyone.jpg

Send me a PM if you want one or two (preferably two if you don't have lots of time to spend with them), I've been too busy to keep up with the thread.

ETA: They are eating a mix of Kaytee seeds and Kaytee fruit blend pellets. They drink from a water bottle so no need to deal with poopy water dishes.

Back
Top Bottom