Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

A bit of confusion about the spaces available.

Cathy M and I are going to share a space. She has a 6 ft table and mine is 4 feet. They will go end to end in one 10 ft space.

But I have that huge bird cage and some ducks and bunnies, also, and I planned to have their cages on the floor.

So, are we all going to have our tables set in a row, end to end? Not a square booth space?

If the animals and the huge bird cage can't be set in front of the tables, then maybe we need two spaces. Or even 1 1/2 spaces, if someone else needs a half space.

A bit of clarification would be appreciated. I've not been to any of the swaps on the West side of The Cascades, so haven't seen how it is done.

Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
It's no problem - I understand the feeling of needing to know as many details as possible. I'm sure it won't be a problem to have anyone side by side with people they are coordinating with. It just makes sense!
We aren't assigning specific floor space, except for a few people who have special needs (like me
lol.png
) and it will be pretty obvious when you arrive which areas are free to get comfy in.

In answer to the new question from OregonBlues - we envisioned end to end, not square "booths", although that may be how some of the space ends up getting utilized if someone has a very LARGE amount of items or animals. Please feel comfortable knowing that your two tables can be set up end to end, but you could even use some space in between the tables for your huge bird cage if that works. Smaller animal cages can go on the floor, on the tabletops, or even behind the tables. If you truly don't have enough room, then I believe using one end of your table set-up (from the table to the wall) would be ok as well. It's also possible that a center-of-the room location might be able to be back-to-back with someone for more of a booth type feel.

I'm going to try to find some time to see if I can do a rough sketch of how and where tables can fit in this particular building the most efficiently, so hopefully the mental image can be more helpful to others. As I stated before, we'll remain flexible, and although it's incredibly difficult for my personality type to just "go with the flow", this is one of those times we just need to do the best with what we've got to work with. I'm confident that it will be just fine
smile.png

Rhonda and I will be there
big_smile.png
So far our bringing list is....

A pet quality blue orpington cockerel, has some mealiness to his feathers so would not be for breeding but should be beautiful
Two GORGEOUS and HUGE MaransxAustralorp cockerels, blue wheatens, looking so pretty!
Purebred wheaten Marans cockerel, from show lines
Many Easter Egger cockerels, including some cuckoo and blue cuckoo
A few purebred Americauna cockerels, I think at least one black and two blues, from show lines
Several Dominique cockerels, mostly for eating birds but would make good backyard roosters as well
Several pullets and hens, Dominiques, Americaunas, Easter Eggers and some other crossbreds.

Wanting..
Not really anything at this point, I spent too much at the show last weekend!
big_smile.png

Rhonda might like a nice SQ/BQ black Orpington pullet or two

Glad to have all the info on setup. I've attended events at these fairgrounds before, so I have a vague idea of where stuff is.

Just a tip to those of you bringing birds to set behind your tables. I think you will be surprised by how much can fit underneath a 10 foot table. If you are not too concerned about your birds and foot traffic, then putting the cages under the table will make it easier for people to view your birds and help to conserve space. This is how I roll at petting zoos and rabbit shows and it always works.

Since Mom has all those Laying hens and Roos to bring I will have a very large dog kennel and will may not be able to fit it under my table, but I will sure try.

Ok you all,

I am not going to be going to the swap on the 22nd as I have to work! akkkkkk!!!
barnie.gif

Sooo I am going to be inheriting my lavenders orps back, and what I want to know is, if anyone wants to have a lavender rooster? He would be free as he is not top notch quality, but still lavender from the hinkle lines.

Let me know if anyone would want to come to Eugene to pick him up. I will be inheriting him on Friday.

Thanks!
wee.gif

Tsa

Quote:
Awww sorry you won't be making it Theresa!
sad.png

I need to update my list quickly....I am going to very few hatching eggs available as I just received a call from my website and sold 24 eggs, shipping out tomorrow. I will probably have a dozen at most, maybe less

Here is my updated list, which should be the last.

peacedove
Bringing
-Chanterelle Mushroom Pesto in pint jars
-Tomato, Basil, & Chanterelle sauce in pint jars
-Blue Andalusian mixed roo - beautiful! Dad is Cuckoo Marans Blue splash
- Blue Andalusian (mom)/Salmon Faverolle (dad) young roo - beautiful coloring filling in on the blue
-Tomato seeds from this years harvests, Red Zebra, Principe Borghese, Striped Cavern, orange cherry, and assorted. These have all grown in my garden successfully through the wacky season we have had here.
-11 chicks(8wk @ show) hatched by Black sex link/Orpington cross pullet, plus pullet
-FEATHERS from Blue,white Andalusians; Salmon Faverolle; Black Minorca; Silver Phoenix; Egyptian Faverolle; Blue Splash Cuckoo Marans; Mixes of the above breeds; Black sex-link/Buff Orpington mixes, some black with white, others golden with black; Runner/Cayuga/Magpie ducks; Ancona Ducks; White Royal Palm Turkey; African Geese; with occasional parakeet, cockatiel, white dove, and gray/green parrot feathers.
- Reishi mushroom tincture's

ONLY IF CONTACTED THURSDAY BEFORE SWAP
- White Royal Palm hen, 2 yo this summer (mostly white)
- Khaki Cambell hen 2 yo

Wanting
-Salmon Faverolle pullet or young hen or hatching eggs (my best setter just went broody!)
-Local grain contacts - barley, peas, oats, wheat
-Sample cheesecake 1/2 Dutch Vanilla, 1/4 Choc. Mint, 1/4 Pumpkin Marble from Zoomummzy
-at least one hand dyed, screen printed onesie from My Little Sister's Farm

Quote:
CR - does this mean Freon Bird didn't get sold at Stevenson and is mine? Mine mine mine??
tongue2.gif

Well I can't gaurntee (sp) but it did not sell and I did send it wiff ZOOMUMMZY. I did hear some rumor about cheese cake being held for randsom.
idunno.gif
lau.gif

Sent payment via PayPal. Now LET MY CHEESECAKE GO!!!!
gig.gif

10035_charleton_heston.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom