Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 27, 2012 in Corvallis!!!

I did a trade on BYC my turner for some SFH hatching eggs Still waiting to recive them but Ijust shipped the turner on friday. I was wondering as these are realtivly new and rare from all I have read if instead of getting rid of them (meaning as egg or meat chickens for family and aquaintances) like I will be all my other chicks if I can get them to hatch from all the shipped eggs , If I should bring them to trade or what not to the fall show if my carpoolers would be up for it . Any one have any thoughts I ended up getting some rare eggs or Im sapose to be getting some fairly rare ish eggs like that and partrage silkies ect .. Thanks for the imput . Im all new to this

Last edited:
Thanks Cloverleaf! They were display only because they were my breeding stock and not laying yet. We thought we'd at least let people see them in person and get the word out about them. I got my first egg today!
wee.gif

We will be at the Fall swap, with Swedish (for sale this time) and a couple of other things. My list is on page 7. So excited!

Last edited:
How are they temperment wise. I am still waiting I havent heard anything from the person that was sapose to send me the eggs. She hasnt been on byc in something like 6 days Im hopeing everything is ok . BUT if I get the eggs and get some to hatch are they nice chickens and will the be ok with a little boy around. Thanks.

They are about the most curious chicken I've ever had. I have a little group of young roo's that is free ranging and is always following me around the yard and even trying to follow me into the house. The breeding group is always around my feet when I'm in their coop. I've not had any issues with the roosters so far-seem calm and gentle. If you want chickens for free ranging, they'd be my pick. The flower pattern really helps them blend in.

Those are beutifull. I really hope I get my eggs and they make it through shipping well I am sapose to get 18 eggs I think it is and with shipping IM really hopeing I can get 8 or 9 good strong chicks
To hatch but I will be gratfull for whateever I get.

Good luck! They are a very fun chick to raise as they come in 4 colors and you never know what they will look like as they grow. I even had a black chick turn into a mahogany colored mille fleur-very surprising! I originally had 26 and I could tell each one apart. The two I pictured are red miile fleur which is my favorite although I think the flocks look best when they've a little of every color.

Back
Top Bottom