Oregon Spring Chicken Swap!! SAT, April 24!! Albany OR **UPDATED MAP*

ABSOLUTLY Stunning in S. Oregon today!! Wow, it is making me all lazy, just want to soak in the sunshine!
cool.png

Lenster~ Do you have any adult olive eggers? Or close to adult size?

Quote:
I have lots of Olive Eggers, does she have a preference on age and/or color?

Len

I don't think so Len but I will shoot her a quick email and ask.

Quote:
Ohhhh here too! It was only supposed to get to 65 but it's already over 70. I'm loving it and so are my chickens! They are all out getting tans
lol.png

Quote:
Ohhhh here too! It was only supposed to get to 65 but it's already over 70. I'm loving it and so are my chickens! They are all out getting tans
lol.png

LOL. Mine are all inside their houses, by choice, seeking shade already!~ Too funny. Must be worried about skin cancer. LOL. Wish I could warn them about summer if they think this is hot..

Quote:
lol.png

LOL. Mine are all inside their houses, by choice, seeking shade already!~ Too funny. Must be worried about skin cancer. LOL. Wish I could warn them about summer if they think this is hot..

I had my husband put a patio on our coop so they'd stay cool in the summers, lol. I also bought them a huge beach umbrella that I set up ice baths under. They loved it last summer! They would all climb in the tubs and just stand on the ice. Of course the one day that it was 110 here, I put all 30+ chickens in the garage. Lol my husband never found out till he saw the picture on the camera later that week
lol.png
They are so spoiled
love.gif

Quote:

I had my husband put a patio on our coop so they'd stay cool in the summers, lol. I also bought them a huge beach umbrella that I set up ice baths under. They loved it last summer! They would all climb in the tubs and just stand on the ice. Of course the one day that it was 110 here, I put all 30+ chickens in the garage. Lol my husband never found out till he saw the picture on the camera later that week
lol.png
They are so spoiled
love.gif

lau.gif
Your chickens have it made!! I will remember that about the ice baths. We have S. exposure on our entire lot. And it is very open. I think I will move the portable coops down closer to the creek this summer. I swear with the shade from the trees and cool water flowing, there is a 10 degree difference down there.

Quote:
lol.png
They are so spoiled
love.gif

lau.gif
Your chickens have it made!! I will remember that about the ice baths. We have S. exposure on our entire lot. And it is very open. I think I will move the portable coops down closer to the creek this summer. I swear with the shade from the trees and cool water flowing, there is a 10 degree difference down there.

I bet! The ice tubs worked really well. I thought they'd just peck at the ice, but they climbed right in, lol.

DSC_0003-15.jpg

DSC_0005-11.jpg

DSC_0002-17.jpg

Lol and here is the one of them in the garage

IMG00025.jpg

Anybody interested in a Cayuga drake? I have three Muscovies (two ducks and a drake, and soon to be six), 17 Muscovy eggs, and one Cayuga drake who would really like a duck or two. I think my best bet is to sell him rather than try to get Cayuga females. I can bring him to the Chickenstock tomorrow if anyone is interested.

EileenNW (who is new and lost her signature)

Oh my gosh. The photos w/ the umbrellas, fans, & ice are too funny. As is the one w/ the chicks in the garage. They are indeed spoiled. I love it.

Quote:
lau.gif

I bet! The ice tubs worked really well. I thought they'd just peck at the ice, but they climbed right in, lol.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/zoomummzy/DSC_0003-15.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/zoomummzy/DSC_0005-11.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/zoomummzy/DSC_0002-17.jpg

Lol and here is the one of them in the garage

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/zoomummzy/IMG00025.jpg

lau.gif
That is sooooo cool!! I love the fans as well, so totally spoiled! How bad was the clean up in that garage?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom