Oregon state fair showing

Chicken_girl17

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
Hi I’m looking at showing one of my polish this year at the state fair I was going to show but then covid hit before I could I was wondering how (on a normal year) it works and if I could be lucky and find someone who has gone to the Oregon state fair this is my first time
Im mainly useing this year to get an idea on how it works and next year I’ll be hatching out birds for the purposeof showing them
BE5508A1-3B60-4267-9B58-511FE8057B2F.jpeg

(Im showing the hen)

I can't give you advise on the Oregon State Fair in particular, but I used to show at my county fairs. Are you a member of the 4-H or FFA club? Are you looking into doing showmanship or just showing the birds?

I can't give you advise on the Oregon State Fair in particular, but I used to show at my county fairs. Are you a member of the 4-H or FFA club? Are you looking into doing showmanship or just showing the birds?
Unfortunately I’m not in 4h nor ffa and as much as I would love to do showmanship but they don’t have that at This fair unless I missed it in the handbook

I always had to do county fair before I could go to State fair. (Oregon) I used to show every year, having a 4-h club would help you get started big time. You should go to your local extension service and they can help you.

Back
Top Bottom