Oregon/SW Washington *JUNE 21* update p.4

Quote:
Aw wish I could come
sad.png
I
love.gif
babywearing and am the leader of a Salem area group. And the thought of possibly missing baby ducks.....

How much do you want for them? I am thinking I can handle about 5 for now. And how old are they, how tame, oh now I need to study all about ducks! I am SO excited! Do yours free range? Do coop sizes compare the same with chickens (4 sq ft per animal)? Do I need to bring a large box with me today? Will a kiddie pool be big enough for now? I already told DH to get the excavator down to the pond and start on it. I think it's dry enough now. What's the male:female ratio? Jeez, I sound like a kid in a candy store!
wee.gif

Hi, unfortuantely, I will have to bow out today as my hay fever is just so bad I can't even go outside (which I just did on between posts). I had it under control as of yesterday, but it hit me with a vengeance when I went to feed and water the birds. I need to stay inside and get it under control. I was looking forward to this so much, too!
hit.gif

I just sent an email to Poppycat.

I do apologize and perhaps we can meet up soon to get those ducks to yoU!

Oh, I am so sorry. Allergies are miserable! Well, that takes the heat off of DH, for now. And gives me time for research. I had ducks as a kid, but that was soooooo many years ago. Hope you feel better soon!

I'm interested in attending today. I suppose Poppycat that you are busy with set up and may not get this message until after the event even. I'm thinking that probably three of us will come.

Thanks to Poppycat for hosting a wonderful Chickenstock Oregon! Though we looked forward to meeting even more people, we had enough people for good visits and lively conversation about chickens, eggs, hens, roosters, coops, and other stuff like food and gardening and so on.

The resident chickens are blissful with a large area of yummy lawn to roam, and opportunities to sneak into a fine vegetable garden. They have a well-constructed coop, which includes a clever pulley arrangement to lift the coop top for easy cleaning.

We had good company, good food and all in a beautiful setting with sunny warm weather. We all had a fine time.

Alas for those that couldn't make it. You did not get the super relaxing shoulder massage provided to everyone from a promising masseuse named Sam
smile.png

Thank you so much Poppycat for opening your beautiful home to us today. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it's so great that our daughters hit it off so well too.

Those of you who were unable to attend missed the massages, magic tricks, chicken mcnugget education and so much more!

Portland peeps and Sunnyup, it was so nice to meet you both.

I will post pic tomorrow or the next day!

Back
Top Bottom