Oregon

Alright Fellow Oregonian's. I'm here to vent. Bear with me.
Today I had 6 more super rare Belgian Malines egg show up today. I was already nervous because of the heat wave. But they got here in good shape. I was at work so my son (13 yr old) offered to unpack the egg's and set them to rest before incubation. Such a nice little farmer he is. BUT! Unfortunately he left the egg's on the mud room counter, too close to the edge. MY curious dog knocked them off the counter..... Only 3 didn't break. And now I'm forced to wash them. Something I don't do usually. I'm so bummed. This could be a major set back. We'll see.
Have a good weekend! Enjoy the rain tomorrow.
mph I am sorry for that mishap!! Happy hatching to the three that are left!

My broody’s baby hatched! I’m pretty sure it’s an ameraucana/Wyandotte, and if my feather sexing is correct it’s a girl!

Attachments

• DB83E772-D7B2-4AB2-8C88-4BC3323864A1.jpeg
    DB83E772-D7B2-4AB2-8C88-4BC3323864A1.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 2
Alright, locals! Soon I will need to get rid of some cockerels. I'll give you guy's first dibs. I have 2 created cream legbars ( so friendly you can pet them like a cat.) Then I have a black copper Marans and what is a Marans legbar cross that might have something else in him. He is big, blue with copper hackle and saddle coming in. All are super friendly, hatched here and not hatchery stock.
Let me know if you want pic's.

Back
Top Bottom